viernes, 22 de febrero de 2013

Cal clown, staying here has given me more than I hoped for!

 
 

We’ve just successfully finished the Introduction to Clown course! Below you can read one of the student’s testimonies. It’s been another wonderful group of women who were able, without exception, to grasp the teachings of Clown in a holistic way, as much on a personal level as in learning to be clowns who perform. A great course!

Next Monday we begin our Second Level Clown Course: Clown Training: How to Be Funny in Practice. Don’t miss it! The last day for signing up for this course is Friday 22nd February. There won’t be another opportunity to do a similar course until 15th May! For more information on the course: http://escoladeclown.eu/courses_en.php

“Cal clown, staying here has given me more than I hoped for, even though s/he who hopes despairs!!”

The build-up of nerves before embarking on this great journey to Cal Clown evaporated as soon as I met my companions for this adventure and our guide (and friend) Clara. Right from the first moment I felt at home. The unique place surrounded by life, the home warmed by the energy emanating from it, all this makes you disconnect from reality and you feel like you’re living a dream.

This was the first time that I had done any clowning. I get very shy when I have to act in public, but the exercises which our guide proposed us made you become uninhibited without even realising it, you can let yourself go towards your own interior and you can look into the eyes of your own clown. Intense exercises which leave you exhausted and feeling like you’ve taken a great step. If you try and give everything, you feel very proud of yourself.

The aim that I was pursuing when I went there was to offer a hand out to my inner clown, get to know her, see myself reflected in her, give her life, discover her, discover myself … Objective accomplished in full. It is a long inner journey and I knew that I had to begin it in this way, in a magical place, sharing intensely with my companions, surrounded by people with the same concerns; all of which has brought to me a beacon on my path.

It has only been five days, squeezed to the last drop, following the rhythm we could all (teacher and students) feel, without pressure, without nerves, letting ourselves go and working hard in order to give our best. The timetables adapted themselves to us. Five days which flew past although I feel that it’s been like two weeks, due to the passion with which I lived every moment. 24 hours of laughter, profound conversations which make you think, talking about everything and nothing, of comradeship, of contact with nature...

When I first saw on the internet what Cal Clown was offering, I knew that this was how I wanted to begin this long journey of personal growth. I did it to get to know myself, without expecting to be a great clown, or to perform shows. Now, having done it, I want to make a show, though I’d have to work a lot in order to do that.

Clara gives herself completely, and I’m not saying that in order to get a free course, I say it because anyone who has set foot in Cal Clown knows it, I’m just stating what is already common knowledge, since so few people give so much in their work. More than a good teacher, she has become a good friend. Not to mention her life companions, Groucho, Alma, Cua (the dogs) and Yann the cat…

I could describe in more detail every day, but I’d rather each person lived it with fresh eyes and be as surprised by it as I was.

I recommend this experience to anyone who wants to go on an inner journey in search of their clown. What more could you ask for? Ah! Perhaps to live there forever!!!

Isa


CAL CLOWN
ESCOLA DE CLOWN DE BARCELONA
(AHORA EN GIRONA / NOW IN GIRONA / ARA A GIRONA)
(+34) 693 972 270
www.escoladeclown.eu
info@escoladeclown.eu
youtube ESCOLADECLOWN
facebook escoladeclown / escola calclown

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario