viernes, 8 de julio de 2011

The flowering of knowledge - June 2011



I liked the length of this course, the fact that it wasn’t just a short workshop without the possibility of following the students’ process. The one-month course does allow for this attention, and the students are required to attend to their faults, permitting a gradual evolution of the student.

Also of great value for me was that the learned practices are put to the test in real-life situations that allow for a wider understanding of clown performance and of what is in reality required for it to work. The opportunity for sharing with people from different places opens up your awareness of your own notions and views on clown. Different outlooks on the world always offer alternatives to our own sociocultural assumptions.

I experienced some personal problems, among which was an extreme state of nostalgia and a gradual loss of self-confidence. I had moments when I didn’t feel able to do some of the activities.

But in spite of this, I have a positive vision of my experience, since these little personal earthquakes allow for the disintegrating of mistaken or useless ways, in order to leave room for new foundations for an understanding and experience whose real dimensions will only be visible with time. Everything experienced here must pass through a period of ripening and settling in before real knowledge can flower.

I think I have learned much, now I have to assimilate it and integrate it into myself.

Claudia

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario